Monday, September 1, 2008

Spanish 101 in 6 hours

I completed my first day of Spanish class! I have reviewed and learned hundreds of words today. Erica, my teacher, and I covered in 6 hours what I learned in a semester in college. My head is swimming. It feels great to be back in school. I have quite a bit of homework tonight. I have to look at a picture and write a story using the different verb tenses we covered today. Erica is such a great fit for me because she writes everything on the board. Once I see it, write it, and look at it later, I can remember it. We laugh a lot because I make many mistakes.

I'm anxious to check email before the school closes. I will post pictures of the school tomorrow. The courtyard is really beautiful. You may just want to come here yourself. :)

Thanks for reading. I hope you are all doing well.

1 comment:

PUAS Ministries said...

Hola mi amiga? Como esta usted? Trabajando y estudianto mucho? Is deficil or facil? Tina, the pics are great! Can't even imagine how cool (or hot) the lava must have been. Who needs Hawaii when you can go to Guatemala to see flowing lava. Praying that you continue to find new friends and that you are continuing to become more comfortable with your new surroundings. Wow, electricity went out. Thought that only happened every day in Suriname. How good we have it here in the States.
Dave