Monday, September 22, 2008

Great Reminder of Why I Am Here

I have the neatest story for you. Last week I was just emailing at school when this woman sat down beside me. I asked her name and we began talking. I told her all about Parenting Alone. Just then her daughter Audra walked in with her 6 week old baby. I continued telling them about the services Parenting Alone will provide. They were stunned. Audra said that before having the baby, she lived in DFW. She looked high and low for a program that could guide her as a single mother. Since she did not find one, she decided to have her baby in Guatemala to be near her mom. She is moving back to Fort Worth in mid-November. Guess when Parenting Alone is opening....November 15th! Audra is so excited and looking forward to receiving guidance at the center. She is also going to visit Thrive with me. Imagine that! Meeting one of the first single parents we will help here in Central America! I can't describe how that divine appointment encouraged me to press on and learn Spanish quickly and to the best of my ability.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

wow Tina how exciting that must have been. The Lord does work in mysterious ways and it's stories like yours that continually remind me of how great He is and how He uses all of us in different ways to glorify Him.

Such a small world. I look forward to meeting Audra in Thrive when you get back and she comes with you.

Unknown said...

Tina! That is such a cool story. It still gives me chills to hear when God moves like that. It is both exciting and humbling to realize God is near. I am so glad he is using you. What a joy! We will continue to pray for you to continue your health, your joy, and your protection. Hasta la vista!