Monday, September 22, 2008

Hot Chocolate Surprise

I must tell you about a neat surprise I found in my drink. Before boarding the bus to head to Monterrico Beach, I ran by the coffee shop for some hot chocolate. It was no Starbucks, but it was pretty yummy. Towards the end, I came across a big hunk of chocolate. When it did not crunch right, I realized it was not the chocolately hunk I thought it was. You got it. It was a baby cockroach!!! I screamed and spit until everyone in the park was watching this crazy gringa running around in circles. Bet you wish you could see a picture of that! I have decided to drink water for the next 9 weeks.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

eeewwww! how disgusting! not a pleasant experience at all.

The Lone Gringo said...

what....no photos of the cockroach??
Story would be mucho more effective with a shot of the critter. So...do they taste any different than the ones we have in US?