Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mi Testimonio


Hi Everyone!



Here's your chance to see what you remember from high school Spanish. My homework was to write a short composition using different verb tenses. I decided to write my testimony. I would like to ask you to pray with me about something. If nothing else happens in Guatemala, I want to know that my teacher is a Christian. We have talked about it some. We even read scriptures in my bilingual Bible last week. I am praying that she puts her faith in Jesus if she has not already done so.



Yo tengo muchos recuerdos de la infancia maravillosos. Mis padres y mi hermana menor Melanie y yo estabamos muy compenetrados. Nosotros hablabamos, jugabamos, y reiamos mucho juntos. Mis padres nos ensenaban acerca de Dios. Yo aprendi que todos nosotros nacimos con pecado y estamos separados de Dios, pero Jesus murio en la cruz para pagar el precio por nuestros pecados entonces nosotros pudimos conocer a Dios y vamos al cielo. Nosotros necesitamos creer que Jesus murio por nosotros y entonces preguntamos a el para perdonarnos de nuestros pecados, y el va a perdonarnos. Cuando yo tenia ocho anos, yo dije a mi papa que yo queria recibir el regalo de Dios para la salvacion. El y yo nos sentamos en mi cuarto y leiamos algunas escrituras y orabamos juntos. Ahora mi cosa favorita acerca de dios es que El esta siempre conmigo. Yo estoy agradecida con mis padres porque me hablaron acerca de Jesus.



I have many wonderful memories of childhood. My parents, my younger sister Melanie, and I were very close. We talked, played, and laughed a lot together. My parents taught us about God. I learned that all of us are born with sin and are separated from God, but Jesus died on the cross to pay the price for our sin so we can know God and go to heaven. We have to believe that Jesus died for us and then ask him to forgive us of our sins, and He will. When I was eight years old, I told my dad that I wanted to receive God's gift of salvation. He and I sat in my room and read some scriptures and prayed together. Now my favorite thing about God is that He is always with me. I am grateful to my parents for telling me about Jesus.





Today some students and teachers visited a jade factory. Above is a picture of Erika and me with tiny coffee mugs.

I'll see you in 6.5 weeks!!
Love,
Tina



2 comments:

jotoethel said...

Romans 10:15
"How shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written,
How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace,
and bring glad tidings of good things."

Tina, when i read this entry, i thought about Twila Paris' song...how beautiful.

indeed, how beautiful it is to read of your testimony...of receiving Christ and sharing Him.

jotoethel said...

Here's the lyrics...

How beautiful, the hands that served the wine and the bread,
and the sons of the earth

How beautiful, the feet that walked the long dusty roads, and the hill to the cross

How beautiful, how beautiful, how
beautiful, is the body of Christ.

How beautiful, the heart that bled, that took all my sin and bore it instead.

How beautiful, the tender eyes that choose to forgive and never despise.

How beautiful, how beautiful, how beautiful, is the body of Christ.
And as He laid down His life. We offer this sacrifice, that we will live, just as He died.
Willing to pay, to pay the price, willing to pay the price.

How beautiful, the radiant bride, who waits for her Groom with His light in her eyes.

How beautiful, when humble hearts give the fruit of pure lives so that others may live.

How beautiful, how beautiful, how beautiful, is the body of Christ.

How beautiful, the feet that bring the sound of good news, and the love of the King.

How beautiful, the hands that serve the wine and the bread,and the sons of the earth.

How beautiful, how beautiful, how beautiful, is the body of Christ.


You are beautiful, Tina!!
cindy